First, let's take a closer look at some facts...
TRUE: Inflammation in our body is a normal, healthy response to injury, or in response to a germ or a virus.
TRUE: You can often "see" it, as redness or swelling or "feel" it as pain and heat.
TRUE: The inflammatory response is to get more nourishment and immune activity to the area that needs it.
Now let's take a look at some things that are NOT true...
FALSE: We can ignore the signs of inflammation because they are usually a healthy response.
FALSE: We have to take a medication when signs of an inflammation appear.
FALSE: Our bodies never cause inflammation unless it needs to.
Inflammation can escape it's normal bounds, and potentially cause illness such as autoimmune disease (Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, lupus). These affect the whole body and slowly damages it from the inside out.
So, what is the answer to capturing and stopping this escaped convict?
Well, you may not believe it...but it's what we are eating. Plain and simple...it's GMO foods. They are genetically engineered and our body responds with inflammation. This biochemistry is not what our bodies are made for. Whole foods that have not been altered, processed, preserved are the only things our body loves to consume.
How do we know what is GMO? The list keeps growing, but here are a few that I have memorized for myself and our family as "DO NOT EAT" foods.
- corn, corn oil
- soybeans,soybean oil
- animals that have been fed GMO food
- canola, canola oil
- sugar beets
- hydrogenated margarine/oil
- farm raised fish
- cottonseed oil
- packaged/processed foods
- meat containing ractopamine
- flame retardant drinks (contain bromated vegetable oil- BVO)
- food with artificial color, dye or flavorings
- arsenic laced chicken ( fed arsenic laced foods)
- Bread with potassium bromate
- preservatives BHA & BHT
- Milk and dairy products with rBGH ( make sure they say theirs doesn't have it -read this statement carefully as they can say it doesn't make any difference instead of they don't have it in their product)
5 Poisons allowed by the FDA
- MSG (monosodium glutamate)
- Sodium Nitrate (check meats)
- Aspartame ( artificial sugar)
- Hydrogenated Oils
- High fructose corn syrup ( check every label because you won't believe how they have included it in everything along with sugar. Sugar feeds cancer.
Don't be discouraged by this information. I know it can be overwhelming at first. But, I just want you to "awaken" to the fact that you have to read labels in order to stay healthy.
Staying healthy takes time to master. I have been on my own journey for several years and I still haven't nailed it. It's learn and learn some more. Things keep changing.
Here is my recommendation/suggestion. Start forming a small group of friends that are interested in getting and staying healthy. Get together for healthy meals, start conversations around health and gardening, activity and having fun. Make it a natural part of your life. It won't seem so much like work. Oh, and of course, get a naturopathic/holistic minded person in your life that you can see when you are stuggling with something, to help you sort it out.
Can't find a holistic nurse? Contact me. 800-503-0483 (eastern). I do phone consults (take credit cards) for your convenience. I just want you to live long, healthy and happy.
Let me know if this was helpful will you?